We are proud to announce an annual award to students’ work that is submitted to Ergonomics in Design: Best Student Paper in Ergonomics in Design Award Sponsored by Dr. Brian Peacock
The first award will be bestowed in 2021 for work submitted in 2020. HFES urges academicians and their students to consider this unique opportunity and submitting your design work to EID.
- The purpose of the award is to recognize excellence in contributions by graduate or undergraduate students in the area of ergonomics in design.
- The award provides a certificate and a total monetary award of $1,000 to a student (or students). The award will be presented at each Annual Meeting during the journal awards session.
- The paper must be the result of work accomplished by the students(s) while enrolled in an appropriate academic curriculum.
- If the manuscript has multiple recipients, in recognition of joint authorship or group accomplishment, individual plaques and/or certificates shall be provided for the winners.
- If no suitably qualified candidate has been recognized by the Awards Committee or confirmed by the Executive Council, then that award shall not be given that year.
Brian Peacock Bio
Dr. Peacock has a bachelor’s degree in Ergonomics and Cybernetics from Loughborough University, UK and a PhD in Engineering Production from Birmingham University, UK.
He is a registered professional engineer, a certified professional ergonomist, a Fellow of the Ergonomics Society (UK), a Fellow of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (USA) and a Licensed Private Pilot.
His career included twelve years in academia, fifteen years with General Motors’ vehicle design and manufacturing organizations and four years as discipline coordinating scientist for the National Space Biomedical Research Institute / NASA before returning to academia for another twelve years. He has authored/edited four books and has numerous refereed publications on various ergonomics topics. He is now retired.
Although we are still fine-tuning this Award details, we wanted to make sure everyone is aware of the exciting award. For more information, please contact editor-in-chief of Ergonomics in Design, Dr. Rammohan Maikala at Rammohan.email@example.com.